Thursday, July 24, 2008

Week in Review week 3


Well we are already to week 3 of our new school year, where did week 2 go? Well let's just say we don't really want to review it LOLOL. Here are my two boys working on our TOPS science electricity, it has been a huge hit. They love that is written to them and I do too. This next week we are going to check some books out from the library to do some readings also to round out our study!




This is my Chef's asssignment sheet for this week. I thought I would include this pictures in case anyone wants to see how these look in action. The Sunday column is for when co-op starts and we have to do school on Sunday because we take Wednesdays off because it is DHs only day off.

Handwriting for ds, we are trying Italics. My poor chef's handwriting is very hard to read so we are still trying to improve it. The Wacky Prince graduated from Handwriting this year.


This is the wacky Prince's assignment sheet, the circling is things that were missed during normal school hours. NOT COOL this happened last week and trust me no one wants that to be repeated. If it is on the assignment sheet it has to be done, if it is not done on that day you listed, you lost your right to ask questions like, "where would I find the area of Greenland?"


This is Wacky Prince's first essay (CQLA) of the year. He wanted a letter grade and so he got one because, I really think he did a good job. This was the same boy 3 years ago who could barely write a sentence, and when he did it took him hours. Dysgraphia is so annoying!


This is Queen to Be's assignment sheet, this week was rather lite in government because she had a test and essay. She does the essay tomorrow but the test is down below.


Queen to Be's test this will 2/3 of her test grade for this unit, the other 1/3 will be her essay.


This is the logic we do during "circle time" we also do word winks, sudoku and other "logic" games I come across. WE do a devotional called Extreme Devotions which talk about modern day people who spread the Word. Every day we locate the place and read the devotion. We also do a read aloud this terms read aloud is Gilgamesh by Geraldine McCaughrean. We will add some hymns, folk songs and Chistmas Carol study later on in the year, after the first terms.


This is one of our projects we are going to work on for the next couple of weeks, while study Ancient Egypt.


Here are the instructions for said project.

My list of what I have learned during this weeks history study
-the book of Job should follow Genesis (I actually think I learned that during Bible time when studying up for our Psalms and Proverbs Bible study)
-Isaac means he laughs
-Abraham means the father of many
-and the Bible is not in order, at least the old Testament is not
-and we have a weird squirrel who lives in our tree
-and we have more baby possums under the house although I am not sure how many

Yes I did learn those last two things during history, I can be a little ADD after lunch and sometimes I have to be redirected (I just hate it when the kids feel the need to redirect me LOL) So all in all it was a good week. Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! We started school at the same time. I'm looking forward to be finishing the first of May! How about you? Your report looks great. Your one son looks scared of the electricity. He's leaning back a little! hehehe! I would be too!
Have a great week end!

Jubilee said...

Tell the Prince I am very proud of his paper. Hard to believe that's the same kid! See you Sunday!