Friday, January 2, 2009

UPDATE on changes for the rest of the year

Well Monday we start back up and I am not excited sorry after homeschooling for 10 years I am very very tired for some reason. I know I will be fine but I am so sick of changing things up mid-year it is always at least one subject I have to change up, and this year it is no different we are changing history.

The kids are doing well the Queen to Be is doing farely well in math-I am seeing progress and Saxon is looking like it is doing its job. The chef is actually thriving in math and is working almost a year ahead. The prince is doing really well also with Saxon, I think for right now it was a great switch.

We have continued to be behind in Government, ugh much to both my disappoint and the Queen's. I think we really just want to be done with it and umm we are sadly very, very behind. UGH but I the queen will be done by February so we can start and Intro to Worldviews. I think my poor little queen has had a hard time shifting into having more expected from her, harder co-op classes, and umm having only one assigned time to talk with mom during the day.

The chef is needing some tweaking this semester some things I really need to work on with him but umm my time has been on settling others into what is expected of them. We are switching him to the History Odyssey program because I think the outlining that they do with Kingfisher will be helpful to him. He is tends to be "organizer" thinker... he likes to put everything in categories(geez I don't know where he gets that from). I think it will put a lot of the planning pressure off me.

Here is a couple of pictures from Christmas if anyone is interested.

0 comments: