Friday, December 21, 2007

Sleep over memories

Well dd has a sleep over, it is her first in a long time, and I will share why. Some of you who have known for a long time know our story....but for the rest of you, it is a warning.

I was reminded of this horrible sleepover that we had to endure a year ago on the Teaching Mom board and felt the need to write a public service announcement to warn you That not all sleepovers are good, and if you are just getting to the sleepover age this might scare or even frighten you but you need to know the truth



It all started when our little friend K moved away, she took dance with my dd. She was a sweet looking little girl and a couple of years younger than dd(I did not know until the night of the sleepover) but dd is small and she was the same size who knew So little K moved away and I thought well that is the end of that poor dd she lost a friend. Well about 2 months after they left K's parents called and said they were coming into town and was wondering if my dd would like to get together with K. I thought great it would be fun Well overnight that "get together " turned into a K spending the night. O.K. I thought fine she can spend the night no big deal (this is where the scary music should be playing to tell of the foreshadowing you should be feeling).



So the day of the fun sleepover arrives and they call because the are traveling in from a nearby state. They will be here in about 2 hours great I have time to run to the store and do and come back to find 3 more messages on the machine saying it was more like 30 min before they got there I called them back and told them I had a meeting at the dance studio could they just meet me there fine! K wanted to see her old dance teacher they were then wondering if my dd could go with them to see there old house. great I thought I can stop by Target to pick up a couple more things I need.



Well I return home to find dh with the 2 girls looking-- not well I asked what is wrong little dude? well K came over and has shrieked everytime she has seen the dog or cat (shrieking is not allowed) she has than proclaimed to be bored 5 times. How long has she been here? 20 min. OHHHH NOOOO



So I call dd in my room and tell her she has the guest and it is part of being the hostess to entertain her. Which she did a great job until little K found the most annoying toy ever made which we had hidden on the top shelf behind the comforter because grandma gave it to her when she was 5. IT is a cute Little Mermaid phone that will not shut off to save its life and she plays with it for the next 3 hours(did I tell you it is really loud too) Ariel needs to be glad she was under the sea that day.



So we ate dinner all the time she complained she wanted McD's I ignored her for fear it would slip that she was a br*t. Finally my favorite time comes you will love this--------BEDTIME. The appropiate amount of giggling occured and finally off to sleep. WE awoke in the morning and took the dear to church with us and meet up with her parents and gave little K back to them We get home and my dd calls me to her room to tell me little K wet all over the sleeping bag and comforters on the floor.



AHHH why did you not tell me before we left? K asked me not to, it had soaked through a sleeping bad 2 heavy comforters onto the carpet K really had to go. We cleaned all of it up, my washer was having serous issues already and after 3 loads of heavy laundry it broke it for good. So we had to go a couple of weeks without a washing machine (until payday) and treated the carpet stain. For the next month everytime dd left her door open to her room the cat and dog would go and mark that spot- this went on for about six months until we got it professional dry cleaned and banished the animals from her room for 2 months.



I know you think this tale is coming to an end but ohh no there is more. Little K calls again in another 3 months and says she is coming into town can she spend the night? I thought yeah right hold your breath little sweetie. Well she calls and calls and calls. My dh and I went on a vacation and returned 7 days later to have 81 messages on our machine. 79 was from K and her family 79!!!!!! The just called and begged and begged and lots of heavy breathing for K followed by uhh's uhh's! We finally called and told them we would be out of town, and there reply was well I think we could come a day earlier so K can come with you Two months later the phone starts ringing again, my dh finally picks it up and tells them he has been transferred to California and that if they are ever in LA to look us up



Come to find out when we were on vacation they called our dance teacher to ask for our phone number(to make sure they had the right number) and reversed the number and called the police to check on us the were "worried!!!" The police ran into our pet sitter who told them, these people were a little extreme and on the scary side. So if you live in Arkansas and know a sweet little girl K with 2 brothers and a sister DON'T TAKE THE CHANCE!!! This could be you!

0 comments: