Monday, August 25, 2008

Week 6 and 7

We have been very busy still getting and keeping our groove going. WE are making progress, in fact next week is our first break week and we will start co-op that week too. WE are working on Biblical era of Exodus and talking about the tabernacle. WE are finishing up our Ancient Egypt projects so I have pictures of them working on those. We are making progress in all of our other subjects.

We are enjoying Write Your Own Roots a lot, dd is learning a lot about our family tree. I really do like the concept of the book, I do recommend if you are going to use it as your writing program to(at least at the beginning) supplement with a grammar program (we are using Easy Grammar/Daily Grams). It is very simple to use, you just have a short weekly "meeting" with your student and then they have a learn and apply section and write their story.

The Queen is finishing up MUS we probably have another 4 weeks left and then we will switch. She is counting down the days and so am I, I think MUS got us through a rough spot but I think she needs more of a constant review built in. The chef is still about 8 weeks away from switching. It seems as they get older they all need that constant review. I was the same way so I know how it feels to know you how to do something but then for the life of you, you just can't remember how to do the problem.

0 comments: