Friday, November 28, 2008

End of November Update

Well we have had a difficult month-- but it will be over soon enough and then we can start anew with a shortest month of the year. YEAH! The queen continues to have some problems with budgeting her time between our homeschool work and her co-op course load. I think it is something she is starting to get the hang of, but she sometimes tends to dwell on the "stress" and does not do a quality job. So sigh I had to be the mean mom and come down hard on her she did horrible on her math last week, and her phone time had been substainly cut down on and will until she brings her grade up.

I have also made decision to swtich from TOG and get something that is not so teacher intensive for me, at this point I just don't have time to devote to it as I had in other years. So my oldest two are using Beautiful Feet Anicent History and my chef to be is going to be using History Odyssey. HO looks like a good fit for him but will require him to learn to outline, something that I really need to work with him on anyway. Beautiful Feet looks good for the older two and I think it will free up some of my time.

We once again signed up for Co-op, this coming semester I am teaching 3 classes again- can you tell I love to teach at co-op. I will be teaching a class in every grade level. I will teach Readers Theater (1st-3rd), Literature Quest (4th-6th) and the Hobbit (7th-12th). I really enjoy teaching more of the discussion literature classes and am amazed every semester by some of these homeschool students and their deep thoughts. This semester I will have my grandson in a class that is a first I am looking forward to that.

My kids classes look really well some of their first choices were filled up, we go to a BIG co-op but I think it will still be a good semester for them.

**Queen to Be**
Biology
Dance
Spanish
One Act Play

**Wacky Prince**
General Science
Spanish Made Fun
Architecture
Archery
Entomology

**Chef to Be**
Early Explorers
Whose Line is it?
Literature Quest
Adventure Down Under (My DIL is teaching this one)
Entomology

2 comments:

Hidden Jewel said...

History Odyssey is a good program. My dd thought it was strange to read about Bible people from a secular perspective which I can definitely understand. But I really like that it heavily uses summary writing and outlining and that the timeline and mapping instructions are all laid out. Now if I could just find the same kind of layout with a Christian worldview weaved into it I'd be a very happy camper.

The Herd said...

Cool classes to teach! So proud of you for getting a high school class! Have fun this next semester.
Love ya,
your youngest and farthest away twin---actually I think I need to be a triplet?!