Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Day in the Life of Sparks Classical Academy

A typical day
Someone was curious about everyone's day with highschoolers and since I have 3 (two 10th graders and one 9th grader) I thought I would share. But becuase I tend to be long winded I thought I would add it to my blog, so my bloggy friends could see. Ohhh and please keep in mind I am do have sleep issues, so if you see me getting up before 8am I am lying LOL.


9:30 ish wake up and normally at least one of my kids is also

10:40ish kids start their morning chores

11:00 start school normally I start with the Queen to be's math (alg 1) so while I work with her, wacky prince and chef to be work on their assigment sheets. About this time is when sleepless wonder arrives and normally finishes eating he brunch-ish meal.

12:00 I finish math with queen and we normally eat lunch and I start with sleepless and give him is daily sheet and he starts to work away

12:30 Prince to be time for math help with queen moves onto do her indepenedent stuff
chef is normally by this time working on science and doing a project of some sort

1:00 ish I finally decide I am hungry and eat something and start to read for co-op literature class

finish up lunch about 1:30 and I work with Chef to be on his english and the others normally have finished their math and have corrected their worok

normally this continues until about 4 when most are done. I am around to answer questions or help with issues.

when sleepless wonder has finished up for the day (which is anywhere between 4:30 and 5 and if he is not I normally stop him by then) we all go up and play Brawl on the wii... we normally play that for about 30 min. If I am real tired normally I nap

Most of the time by 7 Sleepless has been picked up and dinner is almost ready

my kids play or Queen to be normally work on spanish for our co-op and watches TV (spanish for some reason monopolizes a bunch of time for her). We all kind of hang out for the rest of the day. My kids are told to read at 10pm and lights out at 11pm. We are a very late night family.

2 comments:

The Herd said...

you left a name in!! Did you mean to????

MOM #1 said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog.:)

It's nice to see how the day works in other homeschooling families.

I work part time in the mornings, so we are a late starting family too . . . but I like to go to bed early most nights . . . so I let Baby Boy stay up on the Honor System.

I can always tell by how alert he is the next day whether her behaved honorably or not from the night before, LOL.