Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thoughts




You know you never know what God is going to call you do, and you never know when he will call you to do what you would view as the craziest thing. Our journey with the Sleepless Wonder (his bloggy name) began many years ago, 4 I believe. And never would I imagine what a difference this kids would make in my life in such a short time. You see Sleepless one is part of our homeschool and clearly that is where I thought the it would start and end. But wait I am getting too far ahead of myself.

And how did I get into that one?? Well good question! My daughter was good friends with him for 4 years and a couple year after we meet him, his parents stopped homeschooling him and enrolled him in a private school and we all thought that was the end of the Sleepless one for us. But ever now and then we would hear from him and lost touch with him a couple of times, until this summer. My daughter had been going through some hard times and out of the blue she asked if she could call Sleepless, and I said sure, even though truth be told she was only allowed to call one other person. And that is how it all started!

The hung out for months this summer and it was getting close to "school time" and Sleepless, and now just his father, decided that they would go back to homeschooling. Well Sleepless is in the same grade as Queen to Be and I offered to his dad to help if it is needed, that even though Sleepless is very smart and ahead of my Queen that I would love to help with this. After countless calls and many hours of talking we settled into a "plan," now the funny thing is that plan does not at all look like our "homeschool" today. But anyway off we started and I found that Sleepless is quite different from my kids but hmmm who isn't? But I truly enjoy being around this kid as much as I enjoy my own kid and he truly he has a good and what seems like a "he has always been here" fit.

Now looking at the journey we have been on for several months, God put him into our lives to help heal me and more important to heal him. After a tough year were I questioned just about everything I had ever done, he came and helped me to put faith back into my mothering, schooling and family. How did he do it? By just being there and by just being the one who needed me more than I needed to keep reflecting on my past and its mistakes. I am truly in awe of what and how God did this! And I am proud to say that I now have 4 kids, thank you God for putting this family into our lives. And thank you for allowing him to put faith back into my journey! And thank you most of all for allowing me to be his "mom!"

2 comments:

The Herd said...

so glad your journey is better these days:)

Hen Jen said...

that was a really sweet post. I'm homeschooling a boy not my own, too. Blessings to you.