Saturday, November 10, 2007

Week 17 and 18th Week in Review




Well we finished up our last week of school work until after Thanksgiving I did this because co-op ends next Friday and we always have a lot of projects to do. The kids do have to finish up a CQLA unit this week but that should not take them much time to do and a 1920's project (the older are doing a biography and the youngest is doing a book report on a Babe Ruth biography). We have treats to cook for our co-op celebration and for their last class. We are so blessed to have our co-op it is a huge group of girls and we love it, our co-op has over 100 families that go.

With history the last two week we have studied the roaring 20's and the fall into the depression. Here are some of the books we read, the only other book not included in the picture that I remember is Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry.


Here are some of the history notebook pages we did, each kid did probably 3-4 pages total for the two weeks. I just don't show everything that we do. We just show samples


My 13yo is pluggin away in the Zeta book and is doing really well know that we have moved out of fractions. It is still not her favorite or most gifted subject but she is learning :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here is her health that she is using, we are using Total Health by Boe. I like it but I wish it was a little more in depth "health" wise, it does go very in depth with mental and spirtual issues. I just would like something more "health" she might end up doing Abeka health for her high school credit but this has been a good beginner type coursePhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My oldest son is flying through the Delta book and will probably be in the dreaded fraction book by March. UGH didn't we just finish that book with another kid?
here are his current test:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
and
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket (don't you love the extra drawing always included in his work?)

This is a sampling of our other work. I just grabbed the best sampling of the work they have done in the last 2 weeks. My report next week will be shorter, it will also include pictures of some of their projects for co-op. I am so glad I thought to have this has a week off so we can get our act together for the end of semester program. So this will be a two week break, even though they are finishing up some odds and ends for our homeschooling

2 comments:

Lisa~ said...

Oh! I love that your son draws pictures on is work! My son used to do that too! lol... Oh I would giggle while correcting his work.... he would hear me and I think that gave him incentive to do it again and again. I didn’t mind.... in fact it’s just one of those moments I treasure about who he was as a little boy. Sniff... he is 18 now and doesn’t draw little pictures on his work anymore. Treasure the little things! They bring about such joy later! *Ü*

Oh and both girls will be using Total health next year. Middle school and High School. I love the looks of it!

Have a wonderful next week!

Lisa~

Tina in WA said...

I have been thinking about Total Health for us too. Thanks for sharing your week!

~Tina