Friday, February 22, 2008

Week 23 Week in Review



Well we are working on a new schedule for us to use until the end of school year. WE are doing really well considering we took off 2 weeks to move.

This is the chef's daily math review we do everyday. I love these reviews plus they are free! It brings up topics that MUS hasn't quite gotten too but can be introduced.

This is chef's logic-its a little blurry. We are using Building Thinking Skills and for the most part it is fun for him!


This is Queen to Be Decimal work for the week, she is breezing right through the Zeta book and we are thinking of switching back to Saxon for Algebra 1/2 and use with the Dive CD's. MUS has been great for her but I think she needs a program where more review is built in for her and I am not constantly trying to find it for her. We will still us MUS with the boys!

This is the wacky prince's daily math review, again free and real good for this kid. Wacky tends to forget how to do math things unless it is reviewed a lot. This is part of Wacky's LD and we just have to work with it, he is very good in math so these short reviews are all her really needs.

For language arts this week, no pictures becauase we are continuing to work on a report. They have gathered all their information and are completing their outlines. This is actually a spur of the moment thing CQLA wanted them to do a information essay but it has turned into a bigger project by them. It was like they all really wanted to sink their teeth into a subject so I am letting them. We are continuing to work through the CQLA language arts and just taking our time with composition.

For history this week we are studying FDR and the Depression. Some of the books we are reading this week:

We will continue to read these books this week, we are trying to get through WWII by the end of the year and start our history rotation back at beginning in the fall. So each TOG week is taking us 2 weeks.

Dh has one day off a week and for this spring we don't do school on his day off. It works for right now but in the new school year we will do school(light) on Saturday so we can get in everything we need to for my older kids. With only one car I need that day also to go grocery shopping and run a couple of errands per week. Honestly I don't like going out at night, my dh is my best friend and prefer to stay at home and watch TV and enjoy being with him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There!
I've been waiting all week to see who my 1,000th visitor would be and it's YOU! Hooray! Thanks for stopping by!

Looks like ya'll had a great week also!

Have a great week end!

Lori C., Texas said...

My name is also Lori, I live in Texas and have a daughter that dance is her life,she is only 10 though.

Sounds like you had a great week.

Lori C., Texas(from WTM boards)

Daisy said...

Sounds like a great week. I enjoyed seeing the math pictures. I'll be looking forward to the result of the LA report. ;-)

Alana in Canada said...

I'd be very interested to know what you are using for math review. I'm constantly searching for stuff to supplement and provide more review for the kids! Thanks. (you can leave a comment on my weekly review, if that's convenient.

my5wolfcubs said...

We're reading Mr Popper's Penguins too! I don't like going out in the evenings either...home sweet home. :) I see only 77 days til summer vacation for you in the sidebar...
Lee