Thursday, February 28, 2008

weekly report for week 24

This week I am going to show you our history that we worked on for the last two weeks. We studied FDR and his New Deal Policies. We did complete our outlines for our research project and they will need to do their rough drafts next week. We also enjoyed a nature day and sketched from our wonderful new yard that we are enjoying, the pictures of our sketches are a couple of posts down.

This is a picture of 16 facts about FDR, we are currently doing TOG yr.4 week 10. This was done by all the kids, and they did this while reading biographies on FDR.


We also studied Alcatraz and these are the notebook pages by Wacky Prince and the Chef. Notice the chef did a diagram on how each cell was set up(green page orange box on the bottom). The enjoyed a great website on the history of Alcatraz.


This is the Queen to Be notebook page on Alcatraz she enjoyed drawing a diagram of the island where Alcatraz was located. did you know it was a military base before it was home to the prison? Well neither did I, this is part of what I love about TOG is the attention to culture things and fads of the times, and things not normally included in history but important to people of that day and time.


The chef studied Dick Tracy comics, he had the choose of several but decided on D. Tracy. The printer broke earlier in the week so he had to draw a picture of the character. I think he enjoyed this, but was not to happy the printer broke, sadly I concur on this feeling.

We had our break from co-op last week and boy I am still tired, I think all this moving caught up to me. All in all it was a good week I even had time this week to have a history discussion with my older two on the different agencies. It was great it is what I would love to do every week but we always seem to run out of time. TOG sometimes can be very difficult when you have older ones and participate in a co-op. Our co-op is not a TOG co-op so we can't rely on it for our discussions but we can rely on for science credits :)

Well there it is a week our week in review with history pictures only all other subjects were still done but I just didn't share any pictures

8 comments:

Lisa~ said...

Your notebook pages are great! I love it....

We are making our way through year 3... slowly, slowly.... but we will begin year 4 in September... I hope! *Ü* Im looking forward to it....

Our co-op did a president study once and my kids chose FDR and New York city.... *Ü* My girls loved his dog best! lol

Looks like you had a great time learning...

Lisa

my5wolfcubs said...

I like how you use different colored paper -- so much more visual than the white we have around here. Keep up the learning!
Lee
PS If you have to buy a new printer, do not get the Canon MP830...it drinks ink by the gallon. :(

Brittney said...

Your kids did fantastic work on the notebook pages!
Thanks for letting me peek in on your week!
Brittney

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love the projects that the kids did. I have spent my week trying to figure out a history program for next year and TOG looks great...but I am not sure if it's what will work for us. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I like your FDR pages. Neato. COngrats on your new house and big yard too! What a blessing!

Sherri in GA said...

Looks like you had a great week!!
Sherri in GA

Wee Pip said...

Oh I love your projects! So colorful!

Tina in WA said...

What wonderful notebooking pages!