Sunday, August 26, 2007

Week in Review- Week Seven

This is our second to last week in our first term. We started in July and our history is divided into four units we call them terms. So next week is our last week in the term and then we will have a week break and then we start co-op.


This is my oldest son poster he was suppose to be doing for history, we have been studying Pasteur and his assignment was to make a "poster" to remind people to wash their hands. Is he a cartoonist in training or what?

This is Adam's math page from Math U See he is just a couple of lessons from finishing his book YEAH, he should be done with it within a month.


THis is my dd math page, she is almost finished with Epsilon (thank goodness, the dreaded fraction book) I think we have two more lessons. Fractions have been extremely difficult for here. She is doing great with these equations though!



This is our command center. We right things we are studying-this week we were reading Matthew and so we listed the four disciples that Jesus choose. We also read a very interesting article on Pharisees and discussed that, and how we all sometimes act very Pharisee from time to time. IT has our Memory verse, we are using a curriculum that is really great for all ages of my kids. The best part is it is free, you can find it here http://www.annesschoolplace.com/productsBible.htm
Our board also has the date, any Language Arts notes (CQLA is our english) on what draft/outline/final copy is due. It will also say who we are studying as an artist and composer.

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Wow...I feel like such a slacker! we're not starting school until Sept! Of course, we are up north and the summers are actually very pleasant outside so even if did do schoolwork I don't think much would get done.

Barb said...

I love your board-especially the note for the composer and artist!

I checked out the Bible curriculum and it looks fantastic. You can bet I'm bookmarking that.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/harmonyartmom

Hidden Jewel said...

What level(s) and volumes of CQLA are you using? Have you used it before?

Cynthia

The Mom said...

I am using Volume 1 level A and B I also have started a yahoo group. We have been using it about 8 weeks total now-we did the 4 week sample online and then 4 weeks this year. We really like it, we are taking it on a slower pace

Jessica said...

I love your son's cartoon! I like so many others is off the check out the annesschoolplace link. I've added you to the list of "Weekly Reporters" linked at my blog in case you want a quick tour of other blogs doing the Weekly report.

What a wonderful way to learn about each other and homeschooling!
:) Jessica

my5wolfcubs said...

Down with germs! You could hang that above the bathroom sink!

Your "command center" is great. I so wanted a huge, classroom sized white board this year. Instead I got the kids each an individual one, but they hardly use them. It's *me* who needs the white board! :)

We are looking forward to our week break in September also!
Lee