Monday, October 8, 2007

Plans for our week

Well this week we are still studying World War I we are focusing on propaganda and studying what that is and looking at examples. We will continue with our regular studies, last week we finished our first unit with CQLA and their writing is coming along. I am so pleased with it, the checklist challenge at the back of each week really helps their writing so much.

This week is our off week of co-op YEAH! It is my favorite week. Now don't get me wrong we love co-op and love teaching at co-op but I do love the break. Next semester we get two break weeks because of Good Friday, what a great bonus!!! Next semester will be stressful because we are going to be moving again, but it is for the best with dh's new job he will have to commute an 1 to 1.5 hour. So honestly it is not fair to live out here he even has to go in during snow and ice storms, and you know us Texans freak out when a snow flurry falls and worse yet it affects our driving ability! Also it would help to bring down our bills if we can lower our rent payment and if we move we can lower by about $400-$500 and that would help a lot! Plus the savings in gas!

My dh starts his new job this week he works Wednesday-Sunday, he works 12 hour shifts and luckily so you figure in the commute time and he will be gone anywhere from 14-15 hours a day! WOW but because he works 12 hour shifts he has 3 days off, it is going to take us all awhile to get use to it. We have been busy grocery shopping and preparing since we only have one car still we are kinda stuck out in middle of nowhere while he is gone. So if someone gets sick I want to be prepared, and so I made sure to have all the common fixes in the houses (you know puke supplies, tylenol, cold medicine).

I will be posting my weekly report for week 13 later today or tonight, we have had busy weekend!

1 comments:

Lisa~ said...

Wow! That is some commute time! Long days indeed…. I can see why you might want to move closer…..

Hope the move goes well…

Lisawa~