Sunday, October 28, 2007

week 15 and 16

Well we have finished WWI (yeah) and have moved into the roaring 20's. I am focusing on the history notebook pages because I haved some questions on how we do our notebook pages. So here are some samples


This is done by my 12yo son who really enjoys studying the icons of each era, especially any cartoons or political cartoons of the time. Geez no wonder he will end up one day being the cartoon artist I am fully convinced.

This is a graph of how many people died during WWI compared to how many died of the 1918 Flu Epidemic. IT was the first time any of them did so they got lots of help.
This is my 12yo notebook sheet by notebookpages.com.


This is my 13yo dd notebook on fads of the 20's she loves doing this kind of thing following the fashions of each era. It is a girl thing.


This is my dd's page on 2 of the 1920's presidents that we have studied we have not gotten to Hoover yet but will this week.

This is my 10yo same fashions of the 1920's notebook page, can you tell it is a boy?

This is his page on icons of the 1920's Felix the Cat



Our other work, I have been focusing on showing our history work because I have been getting so many questions lately about how we do our TOG work. But we do other work and here is a couple of samples.




This is my 13yo dd's math she really struggled with fractions but since moving onto decimals and percents she is doing great! I pray that it has finally started to click with her because she really struggled.



My 12yo geography notebook page it is on Mobile Alabama we are using Trail Guide to American Geography and I really like it, they don't care for the work but what kid does!



This is my 10yo notebook page on Florida, notice the drawings on the bottom, thanks to our cable company (East Pudunk Cable)our service is not realiable and he had to draw instead of printing out pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great!!
I have all boys and can totally relate to the non-crafty looking notebook pages. I would love to study the fashions of each era though, but somehow I don't think they'll be up for doing that either.

Rhonda said...

I love all the notebook pages. Your kids did a great job. It's interesting seeing how they all view the same time period from different vantage points. Great work!

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Lori, those are some awesome notebooks. I've been wondering how notebooking with TOG would work, now I have some ideas of how/what we should be doing. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Lori, those are some awesome notebooks. I've been wondering how notebooking with TOG would work, now I have some ideas of how/what we should be doing. Thanks