Thursday, March 13, 2008

Week in Review week 25.....8 more to go!



No pictures of math this week. We did math but I always show pictures of it. So this week I will share our week of poor spelling. We are continue to work on the research papers and they are all written and will be edited this next week, I just have to make copies of the checklist challenge for the older too.


The queen's spelling test, she didn't learn her "individual words" none of the kids really tried in spelling this week UGH. Spelling is not a strong point for the boys but normally queen does really well and begs for harder wordsL

The wacky princes test he once again has misspelled his "individual" words at the bottom of the page.

The chef's spelling test, so much work to be done with this one. Notice how he misspelled spelling test at the top.UGH cute huh?

Here are some pictures from Sunday of the formation of the Hindenburg, yep it is big! We only have paper mached (is that a verb?) about 1/3 of it and will work on it again Sunday to try and finish up the first layer. And a funny, the wind was blowing really hard on Tuesday night after we worked on it, and I had left it outside in the sun to dry and forgot it was out there- Wednesday morning I get up to find the thing rolling around the backyard LOL. I kept that funny to myself until now!





Next week we will continue studying WWII and will actually get to the start of it :) Finally! The chef to be (who is doing WWII lightly) will be studying in addition Joe Louis, who was heavyweight boxer of the year and the invention on the ballpoint pen. See this is why I love TOG who knew the ballpoint was invented during this time, well I surely did not! The Wacky Prince will be studying WWII more heavily than the chef and will in addition learn about the ballpoint and Pablo Picasso. The Queen will be heavily into WWII will also study War of the World and Pablo Picasso.

In addition we hope to get our paper mache finished and painted. We are also editing our research paper and hope to have them turn it in next week. We have the Friday off from co-op for Good Friday :) so it should be an attainable goal. CQLA is going good too, it is a lot of work for my boys and I think we will finish it out but when we are done we will use their sister program Meaningful composition and Easy Grammar and Daily Grams (cheap and easy) with it.

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Looks like a fun week! Seeing spelling is a nice change. Let's me know my kids are the only ones. LOL.

The Herd said...

Lori,
I found your blog!
Karen

The Herd said...

Ok, post again:). How did the video go? Did you dance along with it?!