Sunday, June 8, 2008

Planning Part 1

1. Define our school calendar and set it on paper


2. Write down a course study because if you are like me you will forget a subject that you find important like handwriting. I make sure and do one for each kid, don't assume you will remember because you will not!


3. Ok so now you know what you are going to do, work it into a workable routine. We use the word routine because schedule assumes you assign times to thing and I don't do that. So I make sure and schedule a time for each kid and even put on that schedule what I want to cover with that kid. Each block of time lasts 20-30 minutes. And I write down what I would like the kid to be working on during that time. I have never done this kind of thing but since my kids are older they are working by themselves on a lot of thing but still need some help and discussions of what is expected of them.

1 comments:

Katy said...

This is so helpful! Thank you!