Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Well I am back in a well known place again

I call it the world of DUH, or why you should never go to a school with Dripping in the title (sorry mom)! I finally found my maps cd for year 1 and I am once again hit with places I can't pronounce and/or places or title that I can but have no idea who or what they are. I am really getting an education along with my children because either I was taught it and dripped out of my brain (LOLOL went to dripping springs high and the knowledge dripped out LOL) or I was never taught since most of these are during Biblical times I probably not taught them. So please feel free to help me if you can, so far my list of places in ancient times I have never heard are:

-Phoenicia (assume it is a place since it is on the maps cd)
-Assyria (is there a leader missing at the beginning I bet not)
-Syracuse (truly they are not talking about New York)
-Punic Wars (hmmm I have heard mention of this in yr.2 of TOG)
-Diocletian (no idea how to even pronouce this Julie call me and tell me how)
-Constantine (heard of him again in yr.2 of TOG)

Well I need to break out my teachers guide and get this figured out. It was like when we TOGged yr.2 and I found out why the burned Joan of Arc at the stake, truly I thought it was because she was a brat. UGH I hate when I trip over my education and it seems to be getting more and more frequent, last year it was 3 times and the year before just once. HMMM do you suppose when I graduate my oldest I can get another diploma?

1 comments:

The Herd said...

Ahh...I like the get another diploma thing!!! I am all for that!!!
Happy schooling!! We just finished today!! Ahhhhh, summer break here I come!